Is your safe place now a battlefield for bed bugs? Your homely cocoon where you once spent peaceful nights in sound sleep isn’t any safer? This definitely calls for seeking help of a professional tribe. At Cleanomatics, we ensure the safety of your home and your family by using the best methods and equipment for bed bugs treatment.
Signs that the bed bugs have made their own home inside your home
One of the many common signs that explain the presence of bed bugs in your home is the unexplained bites that occur when you are asleep. If this happens, it means it’s time for you to examine your bedroom carefully for any bed bug activity. You should look out for your bed linen, seams and tufts of the mattresses for eggs and bugs. If you wonder what the eggs might look like, they look like tiny, pale poppy seeds.
Signs of bed bug activities usually occur in your bed, beneath loose areas of wallpapers near your bed, in the corner of desks and drawers, and in the laundry or dressers.
Keep an eye out for any rust coloured or dark brown bed bug droppings that stain material and mattresses. The bed bug excrement is a liquid that often looks light brown or black and it usually is absorbed by the material around.
Allow us to enlighten you with a few facts on bed bugs
- The peak time for bed bugs to feed is between midnight and 5 am. Bed bugs prefer dark over sunlight but hungry bed bugs can feed even during the day time. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes for a bug to complete its feeding.
- Usually, a bed bug feeds every 5 to 10 days. However, they can go without feeding for 2 months in a row.
- They have their own way of finding their host. It seeks out the human body heat and senses the presence of carbon dioxide on the breath.
- Bed bugs multiply quickly. In just six months, a few can turn into a full-on infestation of 13,000 or more.
Are bed bugs dangerous to human health?
Bed bugs have known to be more of a nuisance than a serious health problem. However, this does not negate the allergies and reactions of a human body to bed bugs.
Most of the bed bugs feed on their hosts when they are asleep. Mostly in a painless way. When they feed on the human body, they inject their saliva first which acts like anesthesia. So the host feels nothing during the actual bite. If they feed on one particular person for a week, it’s likely that the host becomes sensitive to their saliva which would lead to the host eventually developing an allergic reaction to it.
Bed bugs tend to bite in rows, just like fleas. Most likely there will be two or three bites in each row. This is probably because the bedbug is interrupted while feeding, and then comes back about half an inch further down for its next bite. Often the bites appear within days but sometimes it can take more than 14 days to show up. The bed bugs cause constant irritation, itching and are raised and red.
Sometimes some people who are bitten show no symptoms and often do not realize it happened. This makes it difficult in identifying potential infestations. However, some individuals fall sick, become nauseous and get scars and skin infections.
How do bed bugs find their way into your home?
Bed bugs are adaptable in nature. It’s possible they will enter the house as stowaways when you move in your luggage, furniture or bedding.
Each vacant house may have bed bugs in them as the bed bugs can survive without food for 2 months. They can also move from apartments to apartments through holes, pipes and more.
Bed Bugs Treatment at Cleanomatics – Get them out and keep them out
Bed bugs are very troublesome household pests. They are quite sneaky, hard to find and have the ability to pose potential health risks. Armed with pest control capabilities that are backed by science, many years of practical experience and state of the art tools and products, Cleanomatics is well equipped to assess your bed bug problem. Our highly trained specialists will assess your home, implement the bed bugs treatment, and monitor activity.
We follow the 3 important steps –
- Assess – It’s not easy to find bed bugs during day time, but our Cleanomatics specialist is particularly trained to pinpoint evidence if they are around. On our visit, we will start by examining every nook and corner of your home. We will conduct a thorough inspection of the target areas and if required, we will use our well-equipped hands to check cracks and crevices. Our specialists usually start in the bedroom because that is where the present holds the highest possibilities and then work their way through your home, concentrating on the furniture and the areas immediately surrounding the furniture.
- Implement – After the completion of our thorough assessment and inspection, we will recommend to you the best solution that will lead it to be bug-free heaven. If the inspection confirms an infestation, Cleanomatics will recommend a treatment plan based on the severity of the infestation and your preferences. This execution method usually focuses on all the bed bugs and also the bed bugs larvae which basically helps in preventing them from maturing into breeding further.
- Monitor – It is true when they say that bed bugs are really difficult to eradicate from the system; so, our Cleanomatics specialist will perform a follow-up visit provided you ask for it to help ensure the effectiveness of the professional treatment that was performed. Furthermore, your Cleanomatics specialist will document the visit and recommend the next steps to ensure the best maintenance approach for your home.
We’re not happy until you’re happy! So, join our family at Cleanomatics today and live a pest-free life! We’re merely one dial away.